At least according to this article in WhatTheyThink?
To summarize, here is their take on the upcoming year for commercial wide format printing:
- Looking back…the commercial printing industry had its best year in almost 20 years. One quote in the article says it all: “We’re back baby.” Print is not dead, just different.
- AEC is expected to continue to grow because construction has dramatically rebounded. Don’t ignore it, especially with the new, versatile equipment now available.
- Textile is a strong and fast-growing market. Find out where you fit in.
- Packaging could be a place to grow your business because customers want shorter and shorter runs with a great deal of customization and personalization. Perfect for the digital printer.
- Ever thought of ad specialties? Flatbed UV printing on rigid materials is growing and could be some place to grow your business as well.